User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 09:59 AM   #16
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Oh! I like lists. Here I go!

1. I can sorta understand this, but XML is so easy, it takes like a week or two of modding before it becomes second nature to writing english.

2. Ok, that really hurts development speed. Have a few hours is much less restrictive.

3. I totally sympathize with this...

4. Oh. Well maybe this explains number 1...

5. K, now this one baffles me. Why are you making an EQ UI?

6. Stab him in the eye and run off with his code. Just kidding... =D

So, in conclusion, you don't have much time to work on this. Or EverQuest... what the heck.

Enok

P.S. - But keep on truckin'. The more stuff people make, the more stuff I have to rip off.
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 10:34 AM   #17
Taleisin

I have watched Tinkfu play EQ since '98 I got addicted to second hand EQ, I also love to write interfaces, *I made a few mods to the original cpp interface, gave tinkfu and map some timers and other such things*

in reality I haven't played 1 minute of EQ, but I am to addicted to just drop it all together (at least untill Sigil Releases their game)

and 7. I haven't been feeling well lately

you have stabed Tinkfu for 5000 points

Download: Everquest2 Demo

Last edited by Taleisin : 08-26-2003 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:05 AM   #18
Taleisin

As some of you might have heard, I have been working on Lunix almost from when I stoped work on GEOS. Now since then I have the basic coding complete my delay has been completely based on graphics, I wanted Lunix to be beautiful as well as functional. I have reworked this idea of mine and have now decided to create and release Lunix Pro for EQ1 and later release Lunix Home for EQ2.

Lunix Pro being a mainly function over beauty, and Lunix Home being a work of art.

9/1/2003
Lunix Pro for EQ1 is currently dead in favor of something new

<!-- DeadLine for Release of Projects -->
Lunix Pro for EQ1 Dead

Lunix Home for EQ2 5/15/2004

Lunix Pro for EQ2 Dead

Lunix Kings Edition for Horizons Dead

Lunix Skin for KDE 12/31/2003

Lunix WebSite :need money:

Last edited by Taleisin : 08-30-2003 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:03 PM   #19
Taleisin

Every time I look at what I create I get the urge to trash it, I have done so once again, mainly becuase it wouldn't load correctly after tuesdays patch. but I have started again from the default and should have news soon.

second reason, I have discovered a way to make the buttons of one window work in another (still unstable) for right now I am going to call the system HotLinking

Last edited by Taleisin : 08-30-2003 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:16 PM   #20
Zeremus
A Ghoul

ok Tinkfu
Old 08-30-2003, 10:41 PM   #21
Taleisin

look I am not Tinkfu, I am not related to Tinkfu. I am Taleisin, while true I helped on FU UI and even wrote the 3rd one, that doesn't make me tinkfu. If I am called him once more I am leaving EQ1modding forever, and taking my & Tinkfu's mods with me.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:52 PM   #22
Shadrak
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Nameless

Yeah this is Taleisin not Tinkfu!

Please dont leave us Taleisin EQ1 and Eqgui

Old 08-30-2003, 11:17 PM   #23
Taleisin

love the crying face Shadrak. Though looking at the hordes of people who use FU as well as LunixBuff (all 3 of them) it occurs to me that no one really wants a UI that I nor Tinkfu offer (a uncluttered with laggy graphics UI), yes I did learn modding the EQUI from Tinkfu, and I have tryed to following the path of the FU, but it just isn't working out. Perhaps Tinkfu was right,
Quote:
{Last Sunday, around tea time, messhall, Fu Labs}
Master Tinkfu The Gearless: You know, all that I have tryed to do with FUUI and other FU products has been in vain, no one needs a basic mainly text interface anymore they are just as happy with a UI that adds half a minute to thier zoning time, as long as it has gears and blows steam off the spellbar

Taleisin The Seer: There are those out there who still want a simple, text based UI.

Master Tinkfu The Gearless: Name one.

Taleisin The Seer: Me.

Master Tinkfu The Gearless: you don't count.

Cindy & Nails: WE DO!!!

Master Tinkfu The Gearless: go back to your EQOA you traitors.

(On The Phone) Maeldrew Maelfu: FU19 is broken and I got a PoG Raid tonight.

Taleisin The Seer (talking on the Phone): email me your UIerrors.txt and UIProbeoutput.txt
hang up
Master Tinkfu The Gearless: so you going to be able to handle the proddies this week without me an` Cindy?

Taleisin The Seer: yeah they shouldn't be able to phase me long as I have my claritinD

Master Tinkfu The Gearless: hey, yeah about that... I forgot to get the prescription refilled

Taleisin The Seer: ...

Master Tinkfu The Gearless: tal??

Taleisin The Seer: *eye twitches* ... I'll be ok, just bring me something when you get back from dallas.

it went on from there but you get the jist of it. I'll be trying once more to create a UI to my likeing but it is not easy to please someone seeking perfection.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:12 AM   #24
Taleisin

Default Lunix2 Reloaded

ok so here is the basic idea for what I am going to remake Lunix into.. a browser

default size would be 1280x1024 and up from there

sorry I don't have any screens ready yet so you will have to sorta imagine this

:title bar: <Includes>Character Health, Mana, Fatigue, XP and AAXP

:Standard Buttons Bar: All of the Selector buttons, Target health, hotbutton window (horizontal)

:Address bar: Compass, Casting Bar, Casting & breath Gauges, group bars

:Body: EQviewport

:Bottom of Window: Chat

:Right window: Buff and SDBuff Icons (shrunk to half size)

and that would be it, I would appreciate any feedback on this idea, and I am taking recommendations on medication
Old 09-01-2003, 03:26 AM   #25
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

Sounds very nice. lets see something
Old 09-01-2003, 12:45 PM   #26
Taleisin

this version is going smooth and fast, I nearly have it ready to give everyone a screencap of it.. but there is one thing I want my fan to help me decide

the AAXP on most windows is the same colour as the XP bar, I want to make it a different colour so it can be easly sorted from the XP bar.. but I need to pick a colour so here is a small sample of what it would look like starting with the normal colour up top down to some dark green.

please give opinions..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pick.jpg (3.3 KB, 107 views)
Old 09-01-2003, 01:15 PM   #27
Taleisin

ok and here is a unskined unfinished screenshot that gives you the basic idea, I still have to rework the target, hotbutton, selector, Actions, compass and pet but thats about it. Then I start on the slow part, skining it, so it doesn't look like this when I am finished.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eq135625.jpg (76.1 KB, 111 views)
Old 09-01-2003, 02:40 PM   #28
Kedrin027
A Ghoul

i like the teal 3rd one down
Kedrin027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 04:08 PM   #29
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

I like the purple
Ellyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 06:17 PM   #30
Taleisin

ok here is a better idea.

:Poll:

Should I include a mods folder with all the colours of the rainbow for this gauge?

<!-- Short List of Items not to Appear in Lunix2 -->

1. Timers, any Timers (becuase you can never make them the right time for everyone)

2. HotLinks (this idea isn't paning out well I'll post the code later if anyone wants to take a crack at it

3. Velious Version, (Seos beat me to the Velious remake, as you know I first tryed to create it with the help of Tinkfu under the NextGen name of GEOS)

4. The Divine Casting Gauge (it was really one of those "just to see if it works" sorta things)

5. Tinkfu's little easter eggs he put in all versions of FU (Shield with FU on them, SpellIcons for strenght buffs where he added a "Mother" tatoo, etc.)

6. the FU7spellgem&Icons (they make the download to large)

7. Vertical Casting Gauge (made the game far to laggy)
Closed Thread