Old 01-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #162
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSishi
Hello and Happy New Year

Today I updated my UI sets and noticed a strange behaviour of the spellgems window. I tested it with the Redux UI's V9.1 (Dec 15th, 2011), both caster and hybrid branches.
On my SHM toon 12 spell gems are available, my BST toon just has 8 spell gems.

1. I size the spellbar to minimum required size (just all spell gems and book icon are visible).
2. Then I try to move the window around (which is possible) --> both X and Y sizes increase for some pixel on every move, even if I just click when the "move" crosshair is visible and immediately release it without moving. Repeating this just sizes up the window again and again.
Automatic resizing to a "show all contents" state does NOT work.
Also, the Spell casting gauge does NOT appear.
This occurs with RE Hybrid, QRL Hybrid and QRL Caster.

The RE Caster spellgems window seems to work as intented:
Resizing adds just enough Y size for the casting gauge and X size for all available spell gems plus the spell book icon right of them, even if the spellbook is below the gems.

After I compared the EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml files I noticed some differences:
1. Only the RE Caster file contains the contents of lines 344..397 and lines 424..425, which are the casting gauge and casting spell name.
2. In line 291 (<SnapToChildren>true</SnapToChildren>) of all versions except RE Casters the value is set to false.

All UI versions have an EQUI_CastingWindow.xml but these files are basically empty except of the XML header descriptions.

So, for the moment, I suggest to use the "RE Caster" spellgem window (filename is EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml) in the RE Hybrid, QRL Caster and QRL Hybrid UI as well.

//HSishi

Not a bug, it is operating as intended, the casting bar wont show on those UI's because the casting bar is not on the spellbar for those uis, it is located on the target window for caster and the combat abilities window for melee and hybrid. RE-Caster is the only one designed to have the casting bar on the spellbar. The empty xml is so that the default casting window doesnt keep popping up everytime you cast(it is required to be there or will error out).
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote