Password

Old 05-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Quartz Redux Leather

5-7-07
Well I have always heard people refer to UI's as dashboards so I thought I would throw this together and make it look more like a "dashboard"

Credits:
Based off Quartz Redux with all new textures and resized some of the windows, bottoms seemed cropped too short and was cutting some images off, but was never able to fix with original textures, changing the textures allowed me to fix all those.
Spellbook is ttdragonbook by thangor using the eq original gems and icons.
chatwindows by thoughtlover i have 1 for every channel on raids but simple enough to remove some if too many for your liking.
Big Bank by Danoris with some slight modification
Minimap originally done by myxipxl and modified by serianna

Enjoy

Hal

Last edited by Halelen : 06-19-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:52 AM   #2
blackknight
A Gray Wolf

Default xml files bad

is 11may since patch files show red warning again. i like this ui best out of every one elses thanks for good work if only a few spots then send mail on which ones ill try anf fix ,, i am not good at ui's but will try
blackknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknight
is 11may since patch files show red warning again. i like this ui best out of every one elses thanks for good work if only a few spots then send mail on which ones ill try anf fix ,, i am not good at ui's but will try

Look in C://program files/sony/everquest and open the UIErros file in there. It should be a page full of "Warning SomeThingImportantIsMIssing" errors, ignore all those and look for the "Error SomeThingTrulyImportantIsMissing" copy and paste that here so that Halelen can make proper response, the may11 patch should not have generated an error message.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:11 PM   #4
eqkkaybb
A Gray Wolf

Default player window problem

player window show HP and leadership exp only, no mana, endurance, exp, aaexp. any fix fo rthis or am i getting something wrong/?
eqkkaybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:09 AM   #5
Halelen

Default need more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqkkaybb
player window show HP and leadership exp only, no mana, endurance, exp, aaexp. any fix fo rthis or am i getting something wrong/?

hmmm, havent seen that one, will look into it, when did you d/l the file so I have a better path to follow to see if I can recreate this problem
Old 05-18-2007, 06:28 AM   #6
eqkkaybb
A Gray Wolf

download may 16th after patch, funny thing is, those bars that arent showing seem to flash off and on once in awhile.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:56 AM   #7
Halelen

Default Try new file

ok I have heard that happen a few times ihere in other threads.. While I try and track it down..you could download the new version and see if it still is doing it...I will look into this and make sure its not a UI problem.

Hal
Old 05-18-2007, 09:05 AM   #8
eqkkaybb
A Gray Wolf

yes i have download the newest version, same thing happens. i appreciate the time you are taking in looking in to this too by the way. i used quartz in the past but had changed to a pieces parts compilation type of UI, but saw your version of quartz and like it very much, other than the lil bug with player window i'm impressed with it
Old 05-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #9
Halelen

Default Still looking

Ok im still looking into this...not having any problems with the 5 or so machines i have installed on..other things you can check on your end are make sure your video card drivers are up to date and what version of directx are your running?

Ill keep trying to recreate this till i hear differently from you.

Hal
Old 05-18-2007, 01:21 PM   #10
eqkkaybb
A Gray Wolf

i thought i was running the most updated files, but i downloaded directx and video cards drivers anyway. still no change with player window tho
Old 05-18-2007, 02:59 PM   #11
Halelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqkkaybb
i thought i was running the most updated files, but i downloaded directx and video cards drivers anyway. still no change with player window tho

Ok still not having any luck... did you do a clean install ..meaning no other quartz folders on your pc?? what resolution are your running? what os? what video card? Have several machines here so can hopefully get set to your config and recreate problem,,... Sorry your experiencing these problems...But hopefully in the end we can learn something for all.

Hal
Old 05-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #12
eqkkaybb
A Gray Wolf

nvidia geforce mx 420
windows xp
1280 x 1024

no other quartz folders on machine
Old 05-28-2007, 09:47 PM   #13
Halelen

Default New addons

Added a few more mods to the download section today.. Hope ya all enjoy the changes and ill keep implementing ideas as ya send em, maybe not permanent changes but at least mods that others can choose to use or not.

Enjoy

Hal
Old 09-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #14
Halelen

Default Compliant after 9-5 patch

ok folks I think that all is well now did some work and on my machin at 1440 X 900 all seems to work well. Havent played in 3 months and dont know when AIll be back so if something isnt working please post here so I can get it fixed for ya.

Hal
Old 09-11-2007, 01:41 AM   #15
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

i have a few issues

the dashboard inventory doesn't match your new bag layout so there are bags missing when the inventory window is open. (would be fine if the selector window normal mod showed the first bag slots like original quartz)

the buttons now look like the default ui (their border/trim)

the combat ability window (regular one not the horizontal one) doesn't show any buttons, does show a cast bar which is weird because it should just be for melee disciplines. just has the texture for the entire window.

can't seem to use the original quartz chat windows, buff windows, or short duration buff window in any combination. but i found a fix for the buff windows and i imagine its the same for the chat windows. get the wnd_bg_buffs.tga, wnd_bg_sbuffs.tga, wnd_bg_pets.tga, etc from the quartz 2.0 and copy those to your ui folder along with the orginal etui_quartz and equi.xml to use the original type windows.

thanks for coming back to update this ui. everyone is really bummed with the recent patches and ui changes, but this is good news!
Getti Lee is offline   Reply With Quote