Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 08-27-2007, 11:39 PM   #76
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Server: Nameless, Formerly of Fennin Ro.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Dieselious

Well, can re size the chat windows for sure easy, and there are addons available at http://www.eqinterface.com/list.php?skinnerid=165187 that are smaller versions of hotbuttons etc. But as for making other windows smaller, at this time I cant make smaller versions of the ones not already modded smaller, no time untill late september, although I will work on it a bit on the days I have a little spare time. Let me know which windows you want modded smaller that way I know which ones to work on as I find time.

For the item stats not displaying... I have no idea, I have 6 accounts all on different computers that I test things with, and none of them have that problem, and your the first Ive heard of with this problem, Let me ask around and see if I can pinpoint whats going wrong for you, if you can see if there is anything in your UIErrors.txt file and post it if there is.

Sorry to not be of more help right now.
Seri~

"Oh my... someone help me, Ive got a main and 5 boxes to feed!"

Serianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:53 PM   #77
leeirvine
A Bat

Server: Saryrn
Default Cross Hair

What's the cross hair for? Changes with con but guessing there's more to it than that, thought maybe a target for HoA or something but not so.
leeirvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #78
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Thats exactly what its for lol. The crosshair is for HoA targeting, scroll your mouse out so your chars head is center screen, then place the crosshair in the middle of your char's head. It is also a con indicaton, as it uses the con window as its home.

Seri~
Old 08-29-2007, 08:46 PM   #79
galaxymaster
A Bat

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselious
I downloaded the current Egras (the seri fix ) and it works very well. I use it on my priests. I have a couple questions about it and was hoping I could get some help.

Firstly, I use the 1024x768 setting and the windows seems a bit large for my liking. Is there a way I can change this to make them fit better. I personally like to have less than half my screen used up bu the UI so I can see the world clearly. I would rather not change the setting if I could avoid it, my eyesight wouldnt allow it, lol.

Secondly, when I try to see the information on an item, the only thing that comes up is thew item name and the augment slots. All other information is not shown.

I have used other UI 's in my time, but usually a full set that someone created and never tinkered with them other than to add a different target ring or to choose certain options that I prefered. So my techinical knowledge on such things is nill.

Any help would be appreciated., thanks

I use 1024x768 also!
I have found that using the command: /viewport 224 0 800 600
Move chat windows an hotbuttons in voids and you will have a great view if you need to go back to normal use the following : /viewport reset

that will return you to normal

P.S. I love this UI keep up the good work my favorite part is the bag tabs.

Last edited by galaxymaster : 08-29-2007 at 08:49 PM. Reason: add p.s
galaxymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:31 AM   #80
dpawson
A Ghoul

Default Thanks and a request

Very nice work, Seri. I'm a longtime user of EgrasUI, but for quite some time now I've limped along making hacked up fixed to Egras myself when patches broke it. With the problems I had tonight, I came looking here, and found the work you've been doing. Installing your version fixed all sorts of nagging little problems I've been living with heh... I am still having crashes, but I'm gathering that has little to do with you, and lots to do with EQ itself tonight.

I did have one request. The Egras I used had hotbutton windows that I don't see in your list of patches. In particular my interest was in hotbutton windows 2 and 3. They were horizontal bars, but in addition to the 10 hotkey slots, they also showed 10 bag inventory slots above them. So for instance, hotbutton window 2 also included the 10 contents of bag #6, and window 3 had the 10 contents of bag #7. Not sure exactly which bags, but not sure it much matters. The real value was that I could put all my clickies in the designated bag, hotkey the slot where they needed to be clicked directly below them, and could really easily use clickies by picking them up out of the bag, moving them down a tiny bit to drop them into the right inventory slot, right clicking them, then putting them back. Lemme see if I have a picture that may give you the idea...

If you look at the hotbutton window over the right side chat boxes, on the right side of that window you'll see two rings. The lower one is a hotbutton of a ring I'm wearing. The upper one is a clicky ring in one of my bags. Hopefully you get the idea?

Interestingly enough, while I LOVE this functionality, I always thought the window was really a bit too small for its own good. If I had that same functionality with icons the size of your hotbutton windows, that would rock.

Keep up the good work. If you get a chance to deal with this request, that would be fantastic. If it wasn't clear, by all means let me know.
dpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:45 AM   #81
wyntyr
A Ghoul

How did you fix your buffbars? Mine are all whacked out now.
wyntyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:40 AM   #82
dpawson
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyntyr
How did you fix your buffbars? Mine are all whacked out now.

I personally didn't, actually. They are messed up, but I figured I'd let Sony try to fix whatever they know they messed up before assuming it was something Seri would need to tackle.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #83
calleagh
A Gray Wolf

one thing i have noticed and am curious as to whether or not it has been fixed is that when you click on the EQ icon and try to show friends list it opens inventory instead. i use egrasserifix 10 and this is a minor annoyance as i have no idea who is on my friends list anymore.
calleagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:56 AM   #84
oakling
Splat Mage

/friend
Shows your friends list perfectly well.
oakling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #85
niskar
A Fire Beetle

Thumbs up Apparent Temp Fix

Let me preface this with I know very little about xml, but this has fixed my UI, and was working as of 9/5/07 evening (ie pre 9/6 patch).

Also, my thanks to Serianna for maintaining this UI.

(1) log in your character and load your UI. It may be messed up, but this will convert pre-patch configuration settings in your UI_CHARACTERNAME_server.ini file to the new ones. You will then need to completely log out of EQ in order to make the necessary changes to your configuration files.

(2) In the EQUI.xml file in your Egras UI folder, you need to add the following line to the list of "Includes" but before </Composite>:

<Include>EQUI_ClaimWnd.xml</Include>

Syntax is apparently very important, as when I copied this using lower case i for "include" per a post for another UI, I would CTD when attempting to log in a character using the Egras UI.

(3) From the default UI folder, copy the EQUI_ClaimsWnd.xml file to your Egras folder. This may be optional, but it eliminates one potential error line in your error log.

(4) In your UI_CHARCTERNAME_server.ini file, you need to manually set the width and height parameters to the ones in the actual window xml files.

For example, my UI_CHARCTERNAME_server.ini file, the buffwindow (EQUI_BuffWindow.xml), short duration buff window (EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xmp), actions window (EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml) and map (EQUI_MapViewWnd.xml) were all set to the default UI window sizes, thereby cutting off or enlarging the Egras windows. I manually changed the settings to the ones stated in the individual xml files and that corrected those windows for me.

So, for the buffwindow, look for the following under [BuffWindow] in your UI_CHARCTERNAME_server.ini file ---

Width1280x1024=100
Height1280x1024=24

The "1280x1024" is the resolution setting for your monitor, and the 100 is the horizontal length and the 24 is the vertical length of the window. You will want to change the entry for the resolution that you use; if you use several resolutions, you may want to change each set.

For this example, change the 100 to 813 and the 24 to 79. 813 and 79 correspond to the <cx> and <cy> values as shown below taken from the Egras EQUI_BuffWindow.xml file (indenting below may be off due to my inability to format this post)

- <Screen item="BuffWindow">
- <!-- <ScreenID/> -->
<Text>Effects</Text>
<RelativePosition>false</RelativePosition>
- <Location>
<X>415</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Location>
- <Size>
<CX>813</CX>
<CY>79</CY>
</Size>

Note, this information is located near the end of the file. You will want to repeat this procedure for each window that is off, and for each character file you want to use.

PLEASE NOTE, since SOE is itself working on a fix, you may want to make a backup of all your configuration files in the event the fix screws this work-around up.
niskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #86
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Nikar, Thank you very much for posting that. With everything in RL thats going on, I havent had a chance to sit at the computer let alone figure out whats wrong hehe. As of now though the only change that HAS to be made is the buff window stuff, youll have red errors, but nothing other than the buff window stuff will make you crash etc. The fix above was just what I was coming on to say so glad someone else had the time to figure it out, I will post a new egras download, and a patch file, sometime in the next few days as time allows, but LoN, the new claim window, etc work for me, even with nothing but the char.ini stuff fixed.

Seri~
Old 09-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #87
nanlein
A Fire Beetle

i have somehow lost my horizontal spell bar any chance someone has the code for me to copy so i can get it back i love most of the changes seri made but i prefer the original spell bar.
nanlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:58 PM   #88
dpawson
A Ghoul

There is a board here that includes mods to Seri's work, and the horizontal spell bar exists there. I downloaded it in the last week or so when I moved from an old decaying Egras to Seri's work. Worked like a charm.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:19 PM   #89
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

I know SoF is going live sometime in november.

I will be unable to post any patches untill late november... so it could be many weeks between when SOF goes live and when I am able to post a fix for what gets broken.

We are moving, and starting today, and for the following next 4 weeks or so, I will be compeltely without internet, Please forgive my not being able to keep up with the changes and patches for now.

I apologise greatly to anyone this will inconvinence.

Seri~
Old 10-15-2007, 06:50 AM   #90
Savok
On tour since '99

Server: Innoruuk forever!

Seri and I spoke today in game, and I will be helping with the SoF patch if it is needed. If Seri doesn't update her files there will probably be a temporary link here for a download until shes back up and running.