Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 03-30-2004, 04:17 PM   #1
Scorrpio
A Ghoul

Default *FIXED* 3/30 patch: EQ reads .bmp upside down, causing pink

Hope they fix it soon, but for now EQ reads al .bmp texture files upside down. Since most .bmp textures have unused areas colored pink (magenta), this color is all over now.

Solution? Verticall flip your .bmp texture files using any graphics editor - ever Windows Paint will do the job.

P.S. SOE acted fast. It's fixed now.

Last edited by Scorrpio : 03-31-2004 at 12:29 AM.
Scorrpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:46 PM   #2
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Actually I tried that and it didnt solve mine.

What I see is that for some reason, the Pink is not acting transparent.

When EQ uses BMP graphic files, the transparency is "Pink". So, if you see pink, then the graphic file is not acting the way it should.

What I did was I made an alpha channel and masked out the Pink area. Then saved it as a TGA file. I then copied the Animations file into the Mod (shudder) and edited it accordingly to use the new TGA file.

It was not looking for the graphic upside down since the locations of where that graphic resides was not changed either.

Just mere bug that "Pink" is no longer being parsed graphically as "transparent".

Works fine, for now.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:51 PM   #3
Scorrpio
A Ghoul

That is right - coordinates into the textures did not change. But after today's bug, EQ engine applies those coordinates in .bmp textures from bottom up - and not from the top as usual.

From your post, it looks like that is not the only thing that is screwed up, and that EQ no longer treats pink in .bmp as transparent - in addition to reading them upside down.

If your .bmp textures are solid - the way default CS_buttons.bmp is - flipping the graphic is enough. But if they include transparent areas, you have to switch formats.

I'd say that copying over entire Animations file is a tad drastic. My solution would be to define my own versions of BlueIconBackground and RedIconBackground in files that use them, and point them to a .tga
Scorrpio is offline   Reply With Quote