Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 09-17-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
Shohanna
A Gray Wolf

Server: bristlebane
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Shohanna
Default Help please!!

My Problem is a few different things.. First. the Spell Bar. I added in the patch fixes from the front page, and in my .tga file I copied and pasted a new icon under the spell bar. (like adding another spell gem). Accounted for the "size" difference. However I can't test it as I don't have the AA ability yet. So I need a tester.. hehe

Next, I have a Combination window, Player and Group window. It's been edited quite a few times. However this particular time, I have not been able to get the Endurance Numbers to change colors, I have tried every color under the rainbow. But only 126 type will change to black, and 127 remains White. No matter what I do. (along with the divider between them).. I would like them a contrasting color from the Yellow stamina bar. Since the numbers are over the end of it.

Then the next error I am having is it's asking for a child a_attack indicator on my player window (group window) and I have that in a separate file under Target window.

The other error is it's saying that Casting Spell window references gem 8 but it's not used. and I have searched my castingwindow top to bottom and it's not referenced in there, (yet) so is this error reading the Default EQUI and it is referenced in there, and then my UI is not using it? and if it is, does that mean I have to actually add the gem to every UI I use? Even if I don't have the leve or AA to use it?

(it only pops that error after failing to load my Group window (when I was editing).. It loads normally but with EQ telling me they aren't all up to date. (i knew that)..

(long post but necessary)

Next I wanted to know how to add Mana/Endu numbers to TKings Inventory (it has never been updated and I have waited a very long time for it) The lay out is how I want my lay out, but the design pieces need to be moved, or the Font changed to a smaller font to include the information and I am not familiar with how to go about doing it.

I will include the said files i am having issues with.
if you can help me please send me email..

Thanks
Shohanna

First file is my group combo window, where I have attempted to show the endurance values on the endurance bar.

Second file is my Inventory window that I need advice on how to change the information to include Mana and Endu under the HP.

Third file is my CastingSpell window and the TKing Spell bar that I updated, and I need a tester to see if it works.

Thanks so much

Shosho
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_GroupWindow.xml (59.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_Inventory.xml (58.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: zip TKspellbar.zip (40.4 KB, 2 views)
Bristlebane Server
Shohanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 07:45 PM   #2
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

You posted in the patch fix forum ment for those that have patch fixes to be released. No one can reply to your post in this forum because they dont have access to. People can only start new threads in the patch fixes forum becuase its just for posting fixes and not trouble shooting.

I have moved your post to the correct forum so that people can reply to your post. Please be careful next time.

Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:13 PM   #3
Shohanna
A Gray Wolf

Default Sorry

I didn't realize I had posted in the wrong forum.. Accept my humble appologies...

Shohanna
Old 09-17-2004, 10:15 PM   #4
Shohanna
A Gray Wolf

I fixed my Group window.. it now works..

But I am attempting to edit my inventory window. I used the labels 70 for HP/maxhp and 128 for Mana/max mana,
The display for more then 5 digits isn't working. It cuts off the first digit of hp, and the last 3 digits of maxhp.. As if the window it's "shown" through isn't large enough.. Which label or placement in the code is reference to this area..

sample code: <Label item="IW_CurrentHP">
<ScreenID>HPNumberLabel</ScreenID>
<EQType>70</EQType>
<!--<Font>2</Font>-->
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>340</X>
<Y>73</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>35</CX>
<CY>14</CY>
</Size>
<Text>0</Text>
<TextColor>
<R>255</R>
<G>255</G>
<B>255</B>
</TextColor>
<NoWrap>true</NoWrap>
<AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter>
<AlignRight>true</AlignRight>
<AlignLeft>false</AlignLeft>
<Font>2</Font>
</Label>

I have attempted just about everything except rewriting it.

Shosho
Old 09-19-2004, 07:52 PM   #5
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

I'm not sure what is wrong but try opeing that window in SIDL WIDL or SIDL Fiddle as they are custom written visual editors for the EQ Interface. You may be able to find the problem that way.

You'll need .net installed from the windows update patcher.

If I remember I'll see if I can find the problem when I get home from work. If I forget shoot me a PM.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 07:58 PM   #6
Taleisin

I have someone useing my UI ( well the next version ) have the same problem, but it's with her mana, sometimes it wont show up, also I have noticed opening the map will sometimes remove the lagg metter from the screen but leave the numbers ontop of the metter.

all of this I've noticed on OoW, could have something to do with the new graphics engine, I'm really unsure. for now I would suggest doing a bug report and let the devs know whats going on.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:12 PM   #7
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shohanna
First. the Spell Bar. I added in the patch fixes from the front page, and in my .tga file I copied and pasted a new icon under the spell bar. (like adding another spell gem).

The other error is it's saying that Casting Spell window references gem 8 but it's not used. and I have searched my castingwindow top to bottom and it's not referenced in there, (yet) so is this error reading the Default EQUI and it is referenced in there, and then my UI is not using it? and if it is, does that mean I have to actually add the gem to every UI I use? Even if I don't have the leve or AA to use it?

Short answer. Yes. You indicated you made the change, but it appears that you are still experiencing an error. I would look over what you did with a fine tooth comb, and track it down there.

Quote:
Next, I have a Combination window, Player and Group window. It's been edited quite a few times. However this particular time, I have not been able to get the Endurance Numbers to change colors, I have tried every color under the rainbow. But only 126 type will change to black, and 127 remains White. No matter what I do. (along with the divider between them).. I would like them a contrasting color from the Yellow stamina bar. Since the numbers are over the end of it.

Endurance will change color based on effects on it. Red if you have a stamina penalty, green if you have a stamina bonus. (I have experienced red with certain AoEs).

Quote:
Then the next error I am having is it's asking for a child a_attack indicator on my player window (group window) and I have that in a separate file under Target window.

Attack indicator is a required field in the player window.

Can't take a detailed look while at work, but hopefully this will give you a few pointers to take a look at.

"Ah, but you HAVE heard of me."
Turlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 10:08 PM   #8
Shohanna
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turlo
Short answer. Yes. You indicated you made the change, but it appears that you are still experiencing an error. I would look over what you did with a fine tooth comb, and track it down there.

Sorry for confusion, I made the change in 1 ui, and the error still occured but only after loading it more then 10 times. (just give that up to SoE). But after changing all the UI's so that it will look for the 9th spell gem, I am not having errors now. (unless i load the UI too many times)

Quote:
Endurance will change color based on effects on it. Red if you have a stamina penalty, green if you have a stamina bonus. (I have experienced red with certain AoEs).

Oki, so I can't have different colored endurance number. I can change the bar color to make it easier to read?

Quote:
Attack indicator is a required field in the player window.

Can't take a detailed look while at work, but hopefully this will give you a few pointers to take a look at.

Oki, how do I call this in my group window, without using it, so the error won't make my UI unstable? There really isn't a space perse to place the indicator with out driving me batty.
Here is my group window.

thanks so much
Shohanna
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_GroupWindow.xml (58.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-20-2004, 10:11 PM   #9
Shohanna
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
I'm not sure what is wrong but try opeing that window in SIDL WIDL or SIDL Fiddle as they are custom written visual editors for the EQ Interface. You may be able to find the problem that way.

You'll need .net installed from the windows update patcher.

If I remember I'll see if I can find the problem when I get home from work. If I forget shoot me a PM.

I figured out the issue, it was the size of the number <Size>
<CX>35</CX>
<CY>14</CY>
</Size>

I changed 35 to 64, and the number magically appeared. (oh, THAT's What that is for.. NEAT)

/blush

Shosho
Old 09-20-2004, 11:41 PM   #10
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Quote:
Oki, so I can't have different colored endurance number. I can change the bar color to make it easier to read?

Yes, you can. Just find the RBG settings in the Stamina gauge section of the UI, and change them to what you prefer.

Quote:
Oki, how do I call this in my group window, without using it, so the error won't make my UI unstable? There really isn't a space perse to place the indicator with out driving me batty.

Repeating my earlier statement. This is a required field in the player window. Not the group window. However, you can size it so it is 0,0 and as such, will not display. The code still needs to be there, though.

Hope this helps.
Turlo is offline   Reply With Quote