Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 02-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #1
DonVito2691
A Gray Wolf

Angry Custom Ui's Will Not WORK!!!!!

Hello Everyone i love everquest and it is one of my favorite games. I found out about the Custom Ui's Recently and i looked at pictures and really wanted one. I tryed to download them and unzipped the new files into a new Folder under everquest/uifiles and than i made a new folder. it will not show up on the list when opening Everquest. i tryed doign /load Slayer 1 also because that was the name of the folder i made and it still wont work. I don't have any sub folders it is correct. Ive tryed 3 different ways to install UI's. I tryed using Custom UI files in new folder with all the Default Files. I tryed using Custom UI files in a new folder with all the Default_Old Files. Also I tryed using Custom UI files in a new folder by themselves. Still wont work or show up on Everquest. Can Someone Help Me PLZ!!!!! i really want a Custom UI. I really want this one here

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=1847

If Anyone Can Help Plz Post I want a custom Ui so bad im going CRAZY!!!!!

DonVito2691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:53 PM   #2
DonVito2691
A Gray Wolf

Default UI Errors

heres what it said in the UI Errors.txt document

UIErrorLog created at Sun Feb 26 13:33:15 2006
Old 02-26-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
Eltaco
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Your ui folder can not have any special symbols (ie % ^#) or any spaces. Sounds like your current folder is named "Slayer 1" with a space. Try making your folder named "donvito" and make sure it is in your program files\sony\everquest\uifiles folder, or wherever your EQ install is located.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:32 PM   #4
DonVito2691
A Gray Wolf

Default I NAmed it correct

i named it Slayer not Slayer 1. When your plaiyng everquest on all the posts it tells you to type in /load "Name of Folder" adn than 1

So mine would be /Load Slayer 1
Old 02-26-2006, 06:02 PM   #5
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVito2691
i named it Slayer not Slayer 1. When your plaiyng everquest on all the posts it tells you to type in /load "Name of Folder" adn than 1

So mine would be /Load Slayer 1

In the options window use LoadSkin, Select "Slayer". Check OFF the keep present. Set up the windows as you like, THEN type in /Loadskin Slayer 1.
That statement saves your window locations. Typing it in for a fresh Install of the UI will not work.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:25 AM   #6
DonVito2691
A Gray Wolf

Default Dangit

gosh i tryed some more stuff but i STILL can't get it working im like flipin out plz someone type up a STEP-BY-STEP guide to installing a UI Skin To the Current EQ!!!! id luv ya forever if ya would
Old 02-27-2006, 01:59 AM   #7
maasuskii
A Snow Cougar

Server: Firiona Vie(there are other servers????)

Ok,on the page you linked,if you read below the download area you will see a post from 27October2005,detailing a temporary fix for the Depths of DarkHollow Expanasion (didn't really understand what he was telling you to do ) and below that in the comments section was a post from 07February2006 asking if there were any updates for that UI yet.If it wasn't working for Depths of DarkHollow ,I am thinking it will not work for Prophecy of Ro.You might wish to EMAIL or Message the UI Author about it to be certain .

As for the UI directions it's basically as follows:

Download UI(Latest available version,check comments to see if there are any known and reported issues with the UI,if so watch for them or try another UI).

Virus Scan and Unzip(if Uninfected) file into a folder,let's call it SLAYER(Read the README file from the UI Author if there is one,and make certain it is not in a folder in the folder you make,the files need to be in the SLAYER folder if they are to work)

Paste in the EQUI File Folder(Cdrive->ProgramFiles->Sony->EverQuest->UIFILES)

Enter the game

when in game hit that little EQ button,choose options,on the main page hit Load UI

A little box pops up,It SHOULD Have a few folders in it : Default,Default_Old,and if you did it right, SLAYER

Click on SLAYER (Click keep Layout if you want the windows to be where you currently have them,or they will go to default positions) hit the LOAD UI button and Cross Your fingers.

One other thing you may or may not know, a new UIError Log is created everytime you reload a UI,so if one does not work,copy your error file before you reload a UI or you will lose the Error Messages.

You might also want to make a shortcut to desktop for the EQUIError file,The EQUI File Folder and maybe even the main EQ folder just for good measure.

Not Certain if this will help you or not,but hey,I tried.

Good Luck!

Last edited by maasuskii : 02-27-2006 at 02:28 AM.
maasuskii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:15 PM   #8
DonVito2691
A Gray Wolf

Default Still no luck

Im sorry to say i have still no luck with the Custom UI's. I even tryed using one that was new. no luck I think im just gonna give up well thanx for everyones impute i very much apreciate it

Sincerly,

~Frostedflakez~ (My Everquest Name)
Old 03-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #9
Duesama
Long LIVE SARS!

It's possible that this version of slayer isn't PoR ready? I see updates for DoD but not PoR maybe someone that uses Slayer can verify this

"He's one of them Rangers. Dangerous folk, they are, wandering in the wilds."
Danladil Swordbowda's gear
Farwarden and Recruit Officer of Infinite Elysium
Duesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #10
DonVito2691
A Gray Wolf

Default No

I tryed a Custom UI different from Slayer that WAS UPDATED FOR POR but it still wouldn't work so idk like i said im just gonna give up at least Everquest is still playable lol
Old 03-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #11
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
i made a new folder. it will not show up on the list
Due to different default installation folders for various expansions/packages, you might have 2 EverQuest installations on your system without realizing it. If you are placing your new folder under the wrong one, then it won't show up in the /loadskin list. To check to see if this is the case, right-click on the shortcut that you use to start EQ, and select "Properties". In the "Target" field you should see the path which indicates where your EQ installation is. Make sure you are going to the uifiles folder under the correct path.
Quote:
I tryed a Custom UI different from Slayer that WAS UPDATED FOR POR but it still wouldn't work
If I'm reading your posts correctly, you aren't even seeing your new folder when you type /loadskin, so at this point whether or not your UI is PoR-ready doesn't really matter. To take things one step at a time, start by getting your new folder to show up in the /loadskin list:

1) Determine the path of your EQ installation by looking at the shortcut properties (see above).

2) Inside EverQuest\uifiles, create a new folder (call it "slayer" or whatever as long as it has no spaces in the name). This folder should exist at the same level as "default" and "default_old", for example when you go to your uifiles folder you will see "default", "default_old", and "slayer" all together.

3) You can leave this folder empty for now. Go into the game and type /loadskin and take a look at the list. Your new folder "slayer" should be there. If it isn't, start over at step 1 and make sure you are using the correct path to your EQ installation.

4) Once you have your new folder showing up in the /loadskin list, place the files for your custom UI inside it, then load the folder in-game via /loadskin. Only the modified files need to be in your new folder, you do NOT need to copy default files into it.

5) At this point if the UI you are using isn't updated for PoR you might see some red error text in your window. In extreme cases the game may revert to default in addition to showing the error but in most cases the mod will load despite showing the red error text, which you can ignore until a fully updated version of the mod is made available by the author.

Hope this helps.

Arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:13 AM   #12
DonVito2691
A Gray Wolf

Default dangit

hey again well i reinstalled EQ and it installs it 3 times no idea why but it does lol
i figured out what which one my custom ui's where being taken from. so i made a new folder and guess what it was fianlyl on the /load list and i was so happy

Now as for actually gettein the UI to work not happening yet. lol i tryed a ton of diff wayts to put the files in a folder to load Called Custom for the ui file name. But no luck it just loads default everytime any adivice for my long drwan out problem plz and ty

~Frostedflakez~
Old 03-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #13
DonVito2691
A Gray Wolf

Default I Got It!!!!!!!

YES I FINALLY GOT THE CUSTOM UI'S TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i HAD TO REPLACE THE UI PROFILE SEVER NAME FILE AND IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TY EVERYONE IM SO EXCITED I LVOE IT THIS!!!!!!!!!!! MY NAME ON EQ IS Frostedflakez PST me if ya like TY ALL!@!@@!@!@!@!@!@!
Old 03-13-2006, 09:10 AM   #14
Dimleelit
A Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny91643
type in /Loadskin Slayer 1.
That statement saves your window locations.
you have just made my girlfriend a happy happy woman. I will be taking all the credit of course; I'm sure you understand.
Dimleelit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:29 AM   #15
DonVito2691
A Gray Wolf

Talking Ty

ty tyt ty ty ty ty