Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 09-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #1
SmileyFAAce_

Default Is your UI Broken? READ here. 9,04,08

September broke a lot of UI's. This may or may not help you. This is good info anyway on when your UI breaks..

Brighid741:
Patch notes:http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=19778

In this post you will see the list of "EQUI_........" that was patched. If you have one of those files in your UI folder you are using, It may be old/broken.This will cause your UI to break. This break may link to that piece and not the author that made the set you added pieces to.

Haliken discribes in the second post the added code to Animations file, that was added in the patch, in post #2 of that link.. Haliken also discribes in post #5 of that link...

"Changes to EQUI_Animations.xml can and will break UIs that use a modified animations file.

EQUI.xml changes will potentially break UIs with a modified EQUI.xml file.

People who foolishly copied an old version of SIDL.xml to their custom UI folder will probably have broken UIs as well.

None of the other changes should cause any immediate problems.

Enok"

Haliken's Old_Default can be found here :http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=4612

Open Sony.. Everquest.. "UIErrors" folder.. and deleate all text ( CTRL +A highlights all text.. .DEL will deleate. Hit X to close window.. "do you want so save changes.. YES ) Then /loadskin your UI file name.. go back to this UIError folder and read what the error is. This will give you the idea what the issue is.. Remember, Never have spaces in your UI Folder name " joes ui " will not work "joes_ui " will work. no - / or anything that I know off

If you see FOR EXAMPLE ( my UI folder name is buffwindtest )

"Warning: file EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\buffwindtest\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.

THIS IS NORMAL and is taking EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml from "Default" folder in Sony..Everquest..uifiles. to make your custom UI work.

The BREAK! : XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Speaker[756] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_SpeakerMute[757] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Mic[758] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MicMute[759] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Kick[760] referenced but NEVER declared!

[Thu Sep 04 10:08:21 2008] Error validating symbol table.
[Thu Sep 04 10:08:21 2008] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

This is telling me my Animations file is not up to date. Hence read Haliken notes or eqinterface home page notes.

Also, http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=4615 Default_Old from Drakah, explains:

"September 4, 2008
REMOVED: EQUI_FriendsWnd.xml
EQUI.xml
EQUI_Animations.xml
EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml
EQUI_GroupWindow.xml
EQUI_RaidWindow.xml "

This was due to it breaking.
Shamrox wrote the UIError log "[Wed Sep 03 23:33:13 2008] XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Speaker[616] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_SpeakerMute[617] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Mic[618] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MicMute[619] referenced but NEVER declared!

[Wed Sep 03 23:33:13 2008] Error validating symbol table.
[Wed Sep 03 23:33:13 2008] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead."

Again, animation issue.

I hope that helped.

It is not needed to have ALL EQUI_.... UI Pieces in your UI to make it work.. Less files .. less hastle. Most the time Sony patches files that are in the Default that will be "read " from Default to make your UI work so your UI will not breakon patch day.. This is mostly not the case on Sept 03,08.

Only have the files you chose to change from Default added into your UI folder unless the mod comes with a needed file like animations.. bufficons.. etc.
Note* be careful if you download a piece that includes a file you already need for your UI to work.. like Animations. ( then you wish to add another piece that has Animations aswell ) These changes may break your UI because you are not over riding animations that was needed for a previous piece. Back up your work.

Further discription on how UI's work is here from STARSHELLE. This is a Quote from Haliken's Old_Default, in the players comments.

"In order to uses as few of files as possible, Haliken had no choice but to make the Animations.xml one of the altered files thanks to the new filigree border introduced by the new default. However, in my opinion that is a FAR better trade off than the other UIs who just copy about EVERY file into the custom folder, rather than just the necessary ones. By modifying the Animations file as Haliken did, he corrects the issue of windows wanting the new UI graphics, and makes it unnecessary to include those files in the folder itself.

Fewer modified xml files = fewer headache induced fixes when patches come around. This is by far one of the most useful mods on this site"

Most of the time.. on patch day.. or next day.. there is a note on what files were patched and discription of what was re-coded.. a compariason .. mostly from Dolby.. I believe there is one there one now on the home page labled 9/3/08 patch. There is where you can see the changes as he discribes Note: thanks to Brighid741) ...( click the file to see the changes between the old and the new) :http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=19794
Once you see the changes, you can add these lines of text in yourself exactly where they should be as you see in this comparison.
This is what we programmers do to update our sets and pieces to upload to you in this site. Saves you the hastle. Yes it is alot of work

Note: thanks to Brighid741.

Thanks to those that put forth the fixes.. patch notes.. and updates already for us downloaders, uploaders and programmers.. etc.. It is truely greatly appreciated. These efforts are what keeps this site grand!

So look for those errors in " UIErrors " in you Sony...Everquest..UIErrors and take note.

Good luck. I hope this helps you.

As always, Enjoy!

SmileyFAAce_

Last edited by SmileyFAAce_ : 09-04-2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling >< and there are probably more errors:P