Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 10-03-2002, 09:40 AM   #1
kmb0702
A Treant

Server: Drinal
Send a message via AIM to kmb0702 Send a message via Yahoo to kmb0702
Default Apollo 3D Thrill 315 anyone ??

I have been having trouble seeing my hands in front of my face since I have installed my new Apollo 3D Thrill SIS 315 card. I posted up on te EQ forums and was told to down load updated drivers and such from SIS. I went to their site and didn't see any mention of new drivers but I downloaded them anyways. Then was told to download some updated mini something or other and that didn't work either. If anyone could help me it would be appreciated. I will supply whatever is needed so that you could take a look at my competer settings.

Thanks
kmb0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 09:54 AM   #2
ronindf
A Ghoul

THing I would try is this . . .

1) Install just standard vga driver for video card.
2) Install DiiretX 8.1x drivers again. This will update the system for Video options in DirectX that corispond with the Video card it sees.
3) Now install your latest Sound card and video card drivers and it should update all your settings and straiten out the video problems. I hope hehe.

Worked on my nVidia card when I first installed my new GeForce.

Also make sure you run options in EQ after reinstalling the drivers, turn on Mipmapping also.
ronindf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 04:11 PM   #3
kmb0702
A Treant

Server: Drinal
Send a message via AIM to kmb0702 Send a message via Yahoo to kmb0702

I did all those things and still nothing

Isn't there someone here that might know anything to help me ?

kmb0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 02:04 PM   #4
ronindf
A Ghoul

Aditional Checks to make...

1) make sure all windows settings for the card are set correctly. Like not disabling Fog tables, not turning off mip mapping, etc.

2) Depending on system, turn on mip mapping or turn off mip mapping in on already in options before logging into your EQ Account.

3) Its possible with your card that it just can't render layers and fog tables well together. If this is the case like it is on my Laptop then you may always have issues rendering transparent graphics and layers. its hard to accept, but i have to on my laptop. In fact the laptop renders so strange that spell effects are only visable againt the sky layers and not the ground graphics. this due to transparencies and fog tables.
ronindf is offline   Reply With Quote