Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 10-03-2002, 10:27 AM   #1
Kathara
A Hill Giant

Server: Quellious
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Fade in, Fade out NOOOO stop

Ok, I don't know if this is really a graphical issue or something else but I figure I would post it here to start.

The problem that I have is that I use a heavily moded UI that I have created to do the stuff I want(ok I stole some of the base stuff from others but I modified it and made it the way I want). I want some windows to always appear fully filled in(alpha for both in game set to 100%) but for some reason the min I take my mouse pointer off them the fade just slightly. This can be real annoying cause I use the mouse for a lot of things in game(yes not fully keyboard fuctional) and every time I move the mouse over one of these windows it fades in a bit then fades back out a bit. The main problem I have this with is a tabed version of the pet window that I have that has stats in one tab, pet commands in second tab and finally clickies in the last. Since many of my chars don't use this window for anything other than keeping and eye on stats it drives me crazy when it fades out and in. I have noticed it happening with my cast bar as well... and this takes and even harder twist because when it does its unauthorized fading it is harder to see the spell gems.

I have both the windows(as well as any others that do it as well) set to alpha normal level = 100 and alpha faded level = 100 in game. What I want to know is could this be a image problem? or is it just something EQ automatically does that I can't fix or what. Or is it just me overlooking something that I need to do.

Since I didn't create most of the image files(pretty graphics are beyond me) I wont be much help there but shoot away if anyone thinks of anything.
Kathara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 10:41 AM   #2
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

the SIDL schema indicates that <RGB> actually has 4 elements -
<A> the transparency or Alpha Channel
<R> Red channel
<G> Green Channel
<B> Blue Channel

The SIDL also indicates that the default for an unspecified <A> tag when <RGB> is used is 255. However, I suspect this is incorrect and that it actually has 128 as a default. I've not confirmed this yet. And yes, the SIDL does have some errerata.

The other thing that is commonly tied to transparency problems is how screen pieces stack with each other. For example, a button sits inside a tab with is inside a page which is inside the window. Here you would need to check the transparency at each level. Even if you defined the buttons solid, making the tab transparent would show the button as transparent.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 03:43 PM   #3
Epiphany EQ
A Treant

Most windows have a [fades] option (or something like that) in the ini file. If you open up your UI_YourName_74.ini file and take a look you'll see what I mean. It has the locations, sizes, and settings for all your windows in there. Just go change the fades option to false instead of true for each of your windows, and that will make most windows stop fading in and out.

However, any windows that use tabbed pages will refuse to stop fading no matter what you do. I've been struggling with that one myself, and I just gave up.
Epiphany EQ is offline   Reply With Quote