Send a message via AIM to Elindel
Default Elindel's UI 3.2

Last Updated: 10/25/03

Current Version: 3.2

Elindel's UI

Screenshot

Web Page

Features:
  • Custom minimalist borders that line up easier and take up less space.
  • 4 different Player windows - Normal, Pure Melee, Pet Caster, and Twink. (picture below)
  • 4 colors to choose from: Grey, Green, Blue, Red.
  • 9 Inventory slots attached to the hot buttons (Primary, Secondary, Inventory 4, Range, Chest, Left Ear, Left Ring, Inventory 3, Inventory 1).
  • Easy to read %s added to Group and Target windows with color changing backgrounds.
  • Modified Player window containing vital stats (HP, AC, ATK).
  • Alt EXP bar added to Player window.
  • Normal EXP percentage added to Player window.
  • Modified Buff and Song windows show the name of buffs to help keep track of them.
  • Windows condensed to take up less screen space.
  • Compact MP3 Player.
  • Compact Pet Window.
  • Old Style Inventory Screen.
  • Pet window converted into a small window listing stats -- no need to open the inventory to check them.
  • Hotkeys added to bags for faster weapon/item switching.
  • Easy to read compass with loc assistance (shows which numbers will go up or down or stay the same).
  • Inventory Page in Actions menu.

Previous updates:

2.15b

I added a FAQ section to the webpage.
Feel free to post comments, suggestions, requests etc.

Last edited by Elindel : 10-28-2003 at 01:51 PM.
Elindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:14 PM   #2
Elindel
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Version 2.14

Last Update 02/18/03 - The version on the site here is one revision old, but it still works just fine. The one on my website has the charm slot added (I haven't taken an update SS). I also switched the loc guide to the friends window, and the mini stat window to the pet window.

There are grey, green, red, and blue versions included. There is a pure melee player window, a pet caster player window, and a low level player window. The ReadMe file contains directions for getting the exact look you want.

As always, if you have questions/problems/ or suggestions, post here or contact me.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:25 PM   #3
Arabell
A Fire Beetle

Any chance you will be posting a patch for the LOY. I really like the format of your ui and want to keep using it.
Arabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 05:50 PM   #4
Elindel
A Tundra Mammoth

Default version 2.15b released

Yup, the version on my web page is updated.

I usually lag a couple days behind in updating it here due to how overloaded the servers can get at patch time. But if a patch breaks the UI there will be something on my web page by that night. I can't handle raiding with the default .

Glad you enjoy it, it's really nice to see people from various servers who use it. Thank You.

New in v2.15b
  • Added a ninth slot to the hotkeys on the hotbutton window, and I fixed the issue with bag names overlapping the combine text in some containers.
  • Player windows have all been redone, they are visible in the screenshot, and all are included in the download.
  • UI is still available in blue, red, green or the standard grey. Each color has the files in a seperate folder. If you use grey be sure to delete the windowspieces_03 and 04 .tga files. Default load is green.

Last edited by Elindel : 10-27-2003 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:05 PM   #5
Arabell
A Fire Beetle

Is it possible to put an invite/disband button on the group box? Hard to tell if you are group leader at times when you miss the message. Got the update btw and works great. Also got some others in my guild interested in it. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:53 PM   #6
Elindel
A Tundra Mammoth

I took those buttons out since I'm just so used to using CNTRL I and CNTRL D. I probably won't add them back to the normal download (I can't say never, since I said I'd never put in the spell book button, but that will be back in the next release ).

But I'd be happy to do a custom one for you. Do you want the new LFG buttons in there as well? I'll work on it tonight.

As for what is coming next with the UI, probably nothing too big. I've been going through and adjusting the height and width of a few windows so that they line up better.

For instance in my working copy at home the buff window is as wide as the target and players windows, so you could stack them all, and the spell cast window is as tall as the hotbuttons window, which is as tall as the group, player, and target windows stacked. Things like that.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:08 PM   #7
Arabell
A Fire Beetle

I prefer to have my spell casting gems a little larger since this is an area where I am using a lot. Also I am no spring chicken and I hit the wrong gem from time to time, especially when you are tanking a mob hitting you for 900hp a whack.
I have been learning to use my ctrl I/D buttons but what would be useful is to have some way to identify who the leader of the group is. In past ui's with an invite button, if I targeted someone and I was the leader, the button would change color. Any way to change the leader's name color or something to indicate this?
Keep up the good work.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:17 PM   #8
Elindel
A Tundra Mammoth

Default 3.01

Version 3.01 is now available, fully LDoN compatible, and is awaiting moderation here at the site.

New in v3.01:
  • The biggest change in version 3 was the color changing boxes. They change from green to yellow to red to flashing red and make it much easier to see where a group member's health is.
  • Restructured some code to make it more patch resistant, and made sure it was fully compatible with LDoN.
  • New buttons for the MP3 player. The old Winamp ones weren't very "eqish" so I made them to match normal EQ buttons.
  • Removed the loc guide since the LoY map feature has replaced the need for it.

Last edited by Elindel : 10-27-2003 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:17 PM   #9
Elindel
A Tundra Mammoth

Default Version 3.2

I want to thank people for all the feedback, it really helps give me direction for improving the UI.

New in version 3.2:
  • I received alot of feedback from people that they wanted the ability to have a pet window. Instead of moving the stat window to another window like the friends window, I integrated it into the Actions Window since the Invite, Disband etc buttons take up more space than they need to.
  • Designed a pet window that features a color changing percentage like the other windows, and doesn't take up much vertical screen space. You can see up to 16 buffs on your pet.
  • Further reduced the size of the MP3 player and made it the same height as the pet window.
  • The link all button is now in the loot window but doesn't take up any additional space. It's very similar to the combine button. Any time it is yellow it is active.
  • Since Sony added numbers the the backgrounds of the hotbuttons a couple patches back, the numbers in the corners weren't needed. Removed the number and added Sony's backgrounds. This means you if you use one of the alternate colors you'll be copying more files over.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:38 AM   #10
sjacks2
A Gray Wolf

Talking Update for Upcoming Melee Patch

I hope you update soon after the upcoming melee patch that is supposed to happen on December 14th. Also with you UI my spell bar, spell book, and petwindow don't look like your screenshots. Guess I over right some of your code. I could resize the pet window left to right but not top to bottom. Also I cannot move the ranger track window. I have the most recent download from the website
sjacks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 02:19 AM   #11
bamog
A Bat

Default Player windows

I would like to change the player windows that you show from the normal to the melee but i cant find the anything that tells me what i have to do to change it.
bamog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 04:31 PM   #12
Alasse
A Gray Wolf

I just d/l your skin, I need a horazontal buff bar, yours said it can be done I just cant do it. can you help me?
Alasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:55 AM   #13
nahsalot
A Fire Beetle

Default Alternate Pieces, Green Tint

Great UI, only two questions: where can I download the alternate pieces on your web site or how do I install them if they came with the original package.

Can I remove the green tint in all the windows?

Great work, keep it up.
nahsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 12:15 AM   #14
stosoned
A Bat

Default new combat abilities

are you planning on realing a patch for the new endurance bar? be nice to have for my war. also, i can't seem to find the air meter while swimming..
stosoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:10 PM   #15
Sandaedar
A Bat

Default XP Bar On player window

I am using the pet player window and the xp bar on the player window is gliched for some reason, It doesn't move and the percent at the top is the only one that moves

Last edited by Sandaedar : 01-22-2004 at 09:38 PM.
Sandaedar is offline   Reply With Quote