Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 02-25-2003, 12:45 AM   #1
Neighn
A Ghoul

Server: Vallon Zek
Default 3 items I can't get to work

Hello,

I've been working on my skin since LoY went live today and I have everything up to date except for two files that just won't load, and one file that I don't know what to do with.

The first one is easy. It's just my compass. I don't know how to take my old compass graphic and paste it to the new Windows_04.tga. Anyone want to explain how I do this?

The second and third are maybe the tough ones. My group window, and my inventory window. I can't get the incompatible messages to go away with these!

After trying the patch fixes here on the board, I couldn't even get my UI to load. It just went back to the default UI each time. So, anyone want to help me fix my crap?

Oh, and on the inventory. I have the charm slot in place. The issue is with the buttons. I can't seem to move my old ones and add the new ones with the fix mentioned in the patch message. And I swear, I wouldn't be posting this if I wasn't at my wits end!

Thanks to anyone for their help!!!

Neighn

Desired Compass old Windows_04.tga

New Windows_04.tga

My Inventory

My group window
Neighn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 02:11 AM   #2
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Server: Luclin
Featured Artist

I have attached your new windows piece. It was just easier to do it for you than to explain As for the rest, please start reading here . All the changes you are asking about are posted there. Also, this is a good place for xml help and ui editors. Good luck.

Kuv
Attached Files
File Type: zip window_pieces04.zip (43.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-25-2003, 05:09 AM   #3
Neighn
A Ghoul

The compass worked great!!

I've done those fixes all the way up from the beginning to my UI and like I said, when I try to load the UI, it goes to default each time.

The the only reason I posted here was because I couldn't get the fixes from the forum to work. I was hoping someone would glance at the xml and something would jump out at em.

I'm 100% brand new to this, so, I'm going to give working on it myself without fear a shot!

Thanks for your help!

Old 02-25-2003, 06:22 AM   #4
Wink
A Ghoul

Server: Terris Thule
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Wink

I just wanted to say thanks for the windows4.tga, this is the same compass i use in my Bluefantasy_Melee UI skin. I got around this by renaming the old windowspieces04.tga in my custom folder to windowspieces041.tga and than modified the compass lines to look at 041.tga rather than 04. My mod uses the default windowpieces04.tga for everything but the compass...do you think i should use the .tga that you linked above, or leave my mod how it is now, as it seems it would be more patch proof if the windowspieces04.tga was to be added to again??
Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 01:01 PM   #5
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Featured Artist

Quote:
Originally posted by Neighn
The compass worked great!!

I've done those fixes all the way up from the beginning to my UI and like I said, when I try to load the UI, it goes to default each time.

The the only reason I posted here was because I couldn't get the fixes from the forum to work. I was hoping someone would glance at the xml and something would jump out at em.

I'm 100% brand new to this, so, I'm going to give working on it myself without fear a shot!

Thanks for your help!

I understand. You really need to post your uierrors.txt. It is alot easier than reading through the xml itself. It will show what went wrong with what file. Have you looked through this yet? It gives you some ideas where to start and what we need to be able to even start helping you.

Kuv
Kuvasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 01:08 PM   #6
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Featured Artist

Quote:
Originally posted by Wink
I just wanted to say thanks for the windows4.tga, this is the same compass i use in my Bluefantasy_Melee UI skin. I got around this by renaming the old windowspieces04.tga in my custom folder to windowspieces041.tga and than modified the compass lines to look at 041.tga rather than 04. My mod uses the default windowpieces04.tga for everything but the compass...do you think i should use the .tga that you linked above, or leave my mod how it is now, as it seems it would be more patch proof if the windowspieces04.tga was to be added to again??

I am up in the air on this one. I don't use default anything on the widows pieces. So I am used to fixing them when it changes. You are correct in that, if you leave the mod the way you fixed it, SOE can't mess up your compass again with a patch. And I don't think one more file definition or call would slow your comp down enough to even worry about. It is really up to you. Now, I have only been doing this for a very short time compared to a lot of skinners here. Maybe they can give you better advice.

Kuv
Kuvasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 01:48 PM   #7
Neighn
A Ghoul

Actually, my UI errors didn't log anything that caused it to crash. Weird huh?

And now that I have it "working" and I'm still getting my incompatible messages, it's still not givine me errors in the log.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:09 PM   #8
Kawai Tanuki
A Fire Beetle

Could you possibly tell me how you set the transoparent colour i nthe tga files? My custom compass graphic is messed up by the colour thats meant to be transparent in the overly bit of the image.
Kawai Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 04:12 PM   #9
Neighn
A Ghoul

Oh the compass is fine. No errors there. It's all in the inventory and group windows.

For the group, I can't make the LFG tool button. Everytime I add it and try and load the UI, it won't load and automatically boots the default UI. Then, for the inventory I can't add the charm slot graphic (I have a charm slot using the earring graphic that I added), and I can't make all the new fancy buttons and move my old buttons. It's like this UI was never meant to be edited or something.