Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2002, 10:31 PM   #1
pheonixheart
A Treant

Server: Zebuxoruk
Question Vert + Quartz = sublime sleek =)

Okies, i know absolutely zero about making the skins and whatnot, but i love the sleek curves of the quartz skin, but i like the EXTREMELY clean look of the vert mods... no background textures to get in the way of reading stuffs to speak of, (i don't have the best eyesight hehehe) I love the version i have of vert's.. it has the casting bar as a skinny little line on the main chat bar so i'm looking in the same place for my spell(song really) messages as where the casting bar is, very convenient. I also like the simpler looking health bars of Vert... not having all the little notches along the bottom of each bar... after using vert's, going back to the notchy health/mana/target health etc bars looks messy LOL... Anyhow, like i said i have no idea whatsoever what that would entail, or if someone would know how to do it or if it's even possible, but if someone could kind of put a really cool sleek solid and virtually textureless version of quartz out there i'd be eternally grateful! Plain black backgrounds with very dark metallic purple trim/highlights or whatever would be sublime and sleek LOL =P or dark blue or dark red hehe... kinda like smooth metallic hues for whichever color would be sweet... dang i wish i knew how to do that stuff i'd happily set about it if it's possible LOL... Anyhow so that's my idea... (btw i've not used the quartz skin yet, i just love the set up of it, but after using the clean look of verts, going back to all those notchy guages is so cluttered looking hehehe, plus, w/the textures as they are currently it would be a bit challenging on my eyes) Oooooooooo would it be possible to make the health guages have a slightly "metallic smooth" look to them too? now that would be sooooo awesome, but just my opinion hehehe. =)

Btw i love the look of Lythander's Window Pieces04 compass, it looks SOOOO easy to read... i just saw that today but i can tell you i'm replacing every compass file in every ui skin i have w/that one! (except for the default skin... leaving that one alone lol)

Last edited by pheonixheart : 10-11-2002 at 10:37 PM.
pheonixheart is offline   Reply With Quote