Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 09-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
ascension2020
A Gray Wolf

Default Help making hotbars 3 & 4 horizontal with 2 rows

Hey folks, I've been using the BlackUI from http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=5800

I absolutely love the UI, but I'd like to be able to make hotbars 3 & 4 horizontal with 2 rows (like hotbar #1 is in the screenshot --bar #1 is the one without the inventory and clicky slots).

I have spent several hours trying to figure out how to modify the hotbars, but I'm lost. Can anyone offer some assistance? Just pointing me in the direction of an appropriate tutorial or something will be fine. I've been searching the forums but haven't been able to find any posts on what I'm trying to do (I'm sure they're out there, I just can't find them hehe).

Thanks in advance!
ascension2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

easy fix for ya...open hotbutton xml and just make the size and locs for all of hotbutton 3 and 4 match those of hotbutton 1 and your good, the way i do it is copy all of hb1 and paste it over hotbar 3 and 4 but then ya have to make sure you go back and change them to hb3 and hb4 instead of 1
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
ascension2020
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
easy fix for ya...open hotbutton xml and just make the size and locs for all of hotbutton 3 and 4 match those of hotbutton 1 and your good, the way i do it is copy all of hb1 and paste it over hotbar 3 and 4 but then ya have to make sure you go back and change them to hb3 and hb4 instead of 1

Thanks Halelen...

I actually tried that, but no matter what I did when I re-loaded the interface it would revert to the default UI.

I'm guessing that was user error on my part, and I'm assuming it's because I was copying and pasting the wrong info.

The problem is that there are several thousand lines in that xml file, and I wasn't sure what I needed to copy and paste. I am very familiar with HTML, but I've never worked with XML. I assumed it's the same concept as HTML: There's a start "tag" (I.e. <screen>) and an end "tag" (I.e. "</screen>). I tried to figure it out by going through each section, but I just couldn't get it right.

I'm at work right now, but I'll try playing around with it a little more when I take my break or get home.

Thanks again!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

post the file here and i can whip it out for ya in a flash

Nm here ya go

Hal
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml (116.9 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by Halelen : 09-28-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:11 AM   #5
ascension2020
A Gray Wolf

You da' man! I really appreciate it. I hadn't had a chance to work on it yet since I work 13 hour shifts. I'll take a look at the file you edited and compare it against the original so that I can see how to do it in the future.

Thanks again =)
Old 09-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #6
SmileyFAAce_

Post 2 found here

SmileyFAAce_