Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-19-2003, 04:49 PM   #1
Tilluan
A Gray Wolf

Server: Veshian
Question Window Location Help.

I've basically downloaded the UI's I like the most and fiddled with them here and there if I thought I'd like this change or that. I have learned an incredible amount of basic XML from just jumping right in, but am in no way a competent XML programmer. Most of all I've learned how much talent is needed on some of these mods.

In playing around with the buff window I have had the most problem spacing it exactly where I want it on the screen. I have had little problems with placing items in a location of a parent window. However the buff window it self is never located quite where I intended. This leads me to believe that I simple do not understand the X/Y coordinates for the screen as well as I thought I did.

Could someone give me some basics on the relationship of the X/Y coordinates on the monitor and how to place an item correctly using the XML code?

I am using a horizontal buff window placed at the very top and about 153 pixels from right edge of the monitor using 1024x768 resolution.

Thank you in advanced,
Tilluan Silk <Saviors of Life>
50 Ranger \ Veeshan Server
Tilluan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 01:48 AM   #2
Dreamlife
A Shissar Disciple

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I think you'll find there is no reliable way to lock the windows where you want them using just the X/Y coordinates in the XML itself. I tried when I did exactly what youre doing 8 months ago and beat my head against the monitor for weeks. This is the very reason most EQ UI coders include thier INI file with thier downloads. The INI file has the only reliable positioning you can get. The INI is edited by dragging and dropping in game. Not very technical but very reliable!
Dreamlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 04:41 PM   #3
Tilluan
A Gray Wolf

Server: Veshian
Default Thanks.

That's what I thought.
Tilluan is offline   Reply With Quote