Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 04-18-2004, 11:29 AM   #1
Kelletia
A Fire Beetle

Unhappy Can't find the perfect UI

I've tried out various UIs and can't seem to be able to mix and match one to suit my playstyle. Every UI that I've seen are having chatboxes designed at the bottom of the screen, hotkeys, spellgem on the left side - which I am not used to.

I am hoping to find a UI that is; chatboxes on the top or look good splitted into two - top left (where main chat is) and top right(where dmg msg is). Player info, Buffs and short duration buffs to the left. Hotkeys and Combat abilities, spell bar, group info, target info with attacking on and off indicator, on the right.

Basically something that only occupies the top left and top right side of the screen leaving me a clear view of the bottom (to watch where I step) and a clear view of the top middle (to watch targets' names) and all the clicking needed to the rightside (feels more natural as a right hander)

I did tried placing different types of UI to the left and right but they all seem out of place because of the design or sizes of different boxes.

Hoping someone out here can help make or think of a UI that is suitable to do such positioning. Many thanks and greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Kelletia : 04-18-2004 at 12:44 PM.
Kelletia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 12:34 PM   #2
Ultrax
A Snow Griffin

Server: Fennin Ro/Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Ultrax

Windows in UI's, that aren't theme'd, and fit together, can be moved and sized to the places you want them..

You can try out my Solaria Minimal Mix and Match mod.. However, the hotkeys might not be exactly what you want in a UI..
Old 04-18-2004, 01:05 PM   #3
Kelletia
A Fire Beetle

Thanks, where can i find your Solaria Minimal Mix and Match to view? Can't find it on Find Files. Will try and find other ways to find it

I wasn't clear about my first post, what I meant is that although windows I can move around and scale them but they don't fit together like Themed UIs does. Some UI have their windows, player info, group info, target info that are all placed and fit like a glove to each other into a huge rectangle box at the bottom of their screen stretching from left side to right side. Very clean look and feel. I am aiming for a design that do that but just different positions on both left and right sides stretching from top to bottom.

Example: I've seen buff windows that have buffs labeled on their left sides for the transparent look (minus the blue, red background), which I liked very much. But I cannot place them on my right side since it is already jammed up with hotkeys and others and when I put it on my left side, the buff label scrolled off the screen when it is a long naming buff. Minor issues like that.

I can live with some mix and match to solve my playstyle problem, but often wonders about a UI that is themed and would look good splitted left side and right side.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:09 PM   #4
Ultrax
A Snow Griffin

Server: Fennin Ro/Mithaniel Marr
Send a message via AIM to Ultrax

Here is the link for Solaria Minimal. Give it a try, move the windows around and such.. I'm sure you'll get used to it.. Whenever playing with a new UI, it can be hard to get in to the groove with it.. but, give other things a try.. Ya never know, a different setup might work better in the long run, for you. :-)
Ultrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 03:31 PM   #5
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

You might also want to consider some of the viewport UI's. Alot of them have chat windows on the bottom, but by changing the viewport size, you change where the visible area is drawn... so the ground is above the chat boxes ( or what have you ).

( My Interfaces ) ( RETIRED )
Fyste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:37 PM   #6
darkvalor
A Gray Wolf

I've had this problem as well.. I've been in search of the perfect UI since they made it customizable. Best layout I have come up with to date is this members.fortunecity.com/shilka/gothic.jpg

It's a modified Drakah UI with some gothic style graphics.

I remain... in shadows
darkvalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:49 AM   #7
sundanzkid2001
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: terris thule
Send a message via Yahoo to sundanzkid2001
Talking REPLY

I WAS SEARCHING FOR A LONG TIME MY SELF . THEN I FOUND LODIDODI UI ( IN THE RELAESES SECTION). I MYSELF HAVE PUT ALL MY CHAT BOXES ON THE TOP OF MY SCREEN, AS I LIKE TO SEE WEAR IM GOING ALSO .TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT .

Guild Leader Coalition of Honor
Pathfinder of the 58th Season
terris thule server
sundanzkid2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:00 PM   #8
myanta
A Hill Giant

Server: The Tribunal

Might want to try mine. It is based off of Delta3 Spaghetti remix, but it a huge modification of it. I also wanted my stuff at the top so I redid a ton of graphics. It also uses a a vieport. The command in eq is /viewport 128 256 1024 768. That is if you are using 1280x1024 screen. I can post my UI_Username.ini file if needed to get everything lined up. Hope you like it.

Paladin Class Corespondent
High Elf Paladin
The Tribual Server
myanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:04 PM   #9
Taleisin

/RUN{shameless self promotion}
Avalon
What could it hurt to try them all out

/END{shameless self promotion}
Old 04-19-2004, 06:47 PM   #10
Kelletia
A Fire Beetle

I'm using 1024x768 screen, so do i have to change the viewport#? Going to give Delta3 Spaghetti remix a spin. Viewports seem interesting, just no idea how it works.

Using Solaria Minimal atm, gonna need some getting use to.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2004, 07:34 PM   #11
Karaab
A Ghoul

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Without sounding like a blatant plug, my Velious2 UI is incredibly similar to the old Velious interface and allows you to move and place windows wherever you want, and are fairly small in the way of screen real estate. It might help
EQ Utilities
Karaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:52 PM   #12
Taleisin

Avalon does not require a viewport change, unless you want it, windows can be moved anywhere..
Old 04-19-2004, 11:08 PM   #13
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelletia
Viewports seem interesting, just no idea how it works.

To answer your actual question, read this.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:07 AM   #14
myanta
A Hill Giant

Server: The Tribunal

My UI might work on 1024x768, but was designed for 1280x1024.
myanta is offline   Reply With Quote