Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 09-30-2004, 12:33 PM   #1
Laffs
A Treant

Default Lodi Dodi Hotbuttons window....

I use your interface with all my clases and am very pleased with it, Well done ,, I do have a request if you have time or if it is possible to do, Would it be possible to add STR , DEX , and all the SV's down the INV side of the Hotbuttons window? as i use the actions window quite a lot and would like to see those stats on display all the time, insted of clicking on the tab to view them on the actions window. Would be nice if you could do this for me, if you dont have time, could you or someone else point me in the right direction to do this myself please? Thanks guys
Laffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:11 PM   #2
Laffs
A Treant

Question

Well had a go at it myself, ended up crashing the UI , and the other attempt loaded up but the window was well messed up lol , surely this cant be that had to do, if you know what your doing in the first place
Old 10-01-2004, 01:38 PM   #3
lodidodi
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Laffs-

I hate to have to say this, but I'm not going to have the time to add all the stats to the hotbutton window. I made a design choice to move those to the actions window, so I don't wan't to duplicate them elsewhere (although I do understand your request, if you usually have a different tab of the actions window open when you play.) My suggestion would be to find another hotbutton window that meets your needs and plug it into my UI. Or you can try to make the changes yourself.

If you are going to make the changes youself, the first thing to do would be to go to the last section of the "EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml" which is "<Screen item = "HotButtonWnd">" and under "<Size>" change the "<CX>" value to make the window wider. Then just add the stat labels and values. (Make sure not to use the same names that I use in the actions window like "<Label item ="LodiDodiAIP_STR">", just rename it to something like "<Label item ="MyHotButton_STR">" otherwise two pieces with the same name will probably cause a conflict.) Finally, make sure you add those new pieces to the "<Screen item = "HotButtonWnd">" section (which controls the entire window) and not one of the tabs used for the clickies. Other than that you shouldn't have to touch any of the existing pieces of the window.

Good luck,
Lodi Dodi
lodidodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 06:40 AM   #4
Laffs
A Treant

Thanks for that infomation , I will have another look at it the problem I had was probably with leaving the names the same, Oh and messing the size up also lol

Thank you again
Old 10-02-2004, 09:40 AM   #5
Laffs
A Treant

Yipee about 2hours later and I have done it

Just need to ask one more question please,, how do I put the borders around them now, like yours has so it matches in with the rest of the window? Do i need to post the file here to enable you or someone else to tell me?......... after having another quick look whislt typing this post, I see that the backgrounds etc are drawn first taken from bits within the tga files?, Its starting to look like this is going to be much harder than the origional request lol, Sorry to be a pain in the butt , I would be gatefull for a bit more infomation on how to do this from anybody lol Thanks for your time again Lodidodi.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:38 AM   #6
lodidodi
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Right now the Hot Button window doesn't have a border. It's pretty simple to add it, just got to the <Screen item = "HotButtonWnd"> section and change:
<Style_Border>false</Style_Border>
to
<Style_Border>true</Style_Border>

After that you may have to fiddle with the size of the window.

Lodi Dodi
Old 10-03-2004, 09:43 AM   #7
Laffs
A Treant

Thanks, but not quite what i meant like, SvM SvP SvD etc is in like a little box and the tribute timer is also on the infomation page on your actions window, Its that i was wondering how to do the same on your hotbuttons window i have edited , the spaceing is still the same but they are all in a line now, i will try and attach the file here, probably if you see what it looks like now you will see what it needs to finish it off to me it looks like maybe somthing to do with this-

<Pieces>LodiDodiAIP_BackgroundLeft</Pieces>
<Pieces>LodiDodiAIP_BackgroundLeftCenter</Pieces>
<Pieces>LodiDodiAIP_BackgroundSplit</Pieces>
<Pieces>LodiDodiAIP_BackgroundRightCenter</Pieces>
<Pieces>LodiDodiAIP_BackgroundRight</Pieces>

I guess that displays the stuff, but not sure what part tells it where to get the parts of the .tga from and where to position them.
Thank you for your help, it just seems a shame to leave it kinda half finished lol
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml (93.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-03-2004, 11:21 AM   #8
lodidodi
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Ah right, if you want lines around different sections, you'll have to manually add those lines. It's quite straightforward actually. If you look at the <StaticAnimation item> section for a specific line you'll see it has a location, size, and animation. Then if you look at the corresponding <Ui2DAnimation item> section that will you you what .tga file it pulls from and where in the .tga file. That's the way graphics work no matter what UI you are working with. I have my own way of drawing lines but there are many different ways you can do it.

Lodi Dodi
Old 10-05-2004, 09:18 AM   #9
Laffs
A Treant

Smile

Oks, I have looked at the sections you have pointed out and understand how it all works now (90%of it anyway lol) it was the animation in the name that threw me off the track, Anyway the images i want are in the the actions.tga , but it didnt seem to work when i specified 2 places in the textures part at the begining to get the pieces from, and looking at the hotbutons.tga there dont seem to be space to edit it to put in the pieces i need in there, so i have just settled for changeing the colours of the Sv stats instead, i have never been very good at working with images anyway lol it would be a lot easier if there was a grid that you could overlay on top of the .tga then could see at a glance the exact location of the piece, maybe you guys have somthing like that, Well thanks for your time in explaining this to me i have attached the the last edit of the file to this post, just in case it is of use to sombody else in here, or maybe even some peeps good with grafix might get time someday to have a look
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml (93.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-28-2005, 02:15 PM   #10
paamen
A Gray Wolf

how do go about makeing the hotbuttons like the new UI's? Want to keep the inventory slots with the hotbuttons but want there to be 2 lines top line hotbuttons or inventory and bottom line the other. Thanx for the help and I know nothing of codeing so will have to be patient with me lol.
paamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:46 PM   #11
lodidodi
Enhanced Imperial Golem

paamen-

If you're looking for a different configuration of hot buttons in my UI, take a look at the new version I just posted (2.3.1). I made a bunch of optional hot button windows with various configurations of hot bars.

For Hot Bar 1, the hot bottons are always in a 2x5, but the clickies can either be on top or on the side of the hot buttons. Hot Bars 2-4 can be all 10x1 horizontal bars, all 1x10 vertical bars, all 2x5 blocks, or one of each ("multi").

The default has the clickies on the side of the hotbuttons in Hot Bar 1, and then one of each size for Hot Bars 2-4.

Thanks,
Lodi Dodi
Old 10-29-2005, 02:52 PM   #12
paamen
A Gray Wolf

oh lols thanks didn't realize that sorry bout it
Old 10-31-2005, 10:05 AM   #13
paamen
A Gray Wolf

ok checked it out it has the hotbuttons but not the inventory bags that I was wanting to add. Can you possibley help or anyone give me a link that explains .xml editing and I'll give it a try.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:14 PM   #14
paamen
A Gray Wolf

bump

can anyone help with this also wanting to learn how to tweak these myself so some links would be nice