User Name
Password

Old 09-05-2002, 08:28 AM   #1
Brayle
A Fire Beetle

Default Melee UI

UI Folder Files
UI.ini

edit: Attachment .jpg looks like ass, I appologize.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:40 AM   #2
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

How do you get that window up with all that information you had on zones and such? Or was that not offered in the zip?

Curumtiny Call Me Yoda
Gnome Warrior (GnomeLord) Level 65
Tarrew Marr
Guild Officer: Invictus Verite
Click on Signiture for Magelo Profile
Old 09-05-2002, 10:45 AM   #3
Brayle
A Fire Beetle

I haven't gotten permission from Reed to share that one yet, when and if I do I will post here.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:58 PM   #4
Reed
A Ghoul

Server: E'ci

Sorry all...

That window is supposed to be "guild only" type information...

I'm sure you can find all the info at the spoiler sites; however, IMHO, figuring this stuff out is part of the game.

It's not something I feel comfortable releasing

- Reed
Old 09-09-2002, 11:15 PM   #5
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

If you can not release that window. Can you say what window that was modified for that type of thing. It just looked really intresting havent seen anything like that as a window. Did you make it Reed? If you dont want to release the information that is fine but would you be willing to release the window that is in. If not I completely understand.
Old 09-09-2002, 11:32 PM   #6
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Zebuxoruk
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The window he used was obviously (as can be seen from the top of the window in the screenshot) the bug reporting window.
Old 09-10-2002, 12:00 AM   #7
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

You can achieve a similar result (perhaps this is how they did it) by creating your own EQUI_HelpWnd.xml file, and associated help_etc.html files.

The EQUI_HelpWnd.xml file (I think is the name of it, spelling might be off) simply holds the instructions for how the over-all help window looks and what information gets loaded in it when you open the help window. The actual information you read inside the window is kept within various different help.html files located in the 'help' folder. You can find it in your EQ directory tree.

I haven't tried it, but i'm sure you could just create your own set of help.html files with whatever information you wanted in it, and be able to view it in game with the proper alterations to the EQUI_HelpWnd.xml file. Heck, you might even be able to store it in your custom folder along with other mods and .xml files you download from here.

Anyway, like I said, I haven't actually done it (I can't think of anything I desperately need to view in game enough to go through the trouble) so don't take it as gospel, but from just looking at the various files, and how they interact with each other, it's a safe bet.
Old 09-10-2002, 03:03 AM   #8
Reed
A Ghoul

Server: E'ci

What I did is wrote a program that generated the XML.

It read a comma-delimited file, and spit out the info into tables, and worries about widths, heights, etc. So the XML itself is machine generated.

I added the mob info into the "bug" report window because I couldn't resist a pun.

Shortly (this week), I hope to have a similar thing for a bardsong spreadsheet. (Only this one will auto-size columns, do line wrapping, etc.)

I've considered releasing this program (to spit out tables), but I haven't the time to clean it up (it's hacked to do that table specifically.)

Attached is a copy of a bardsong Feedback window that does something similar.

Sorry to Hijack your thead Brayle It's a nice Warrior UI!

Last edited by Reed : 09-10-2002 at 03:10 AM.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:30 AM   #9
Amaprotu
A Snow Cougar

Send a message via ICQ to Amaprotu

Rolleo: You are incorrect. There have been mods to that window but they all involve changing the html files after the patch program has run. There is no statement in the xml file about which html file gets loaded, it is always the same. And that file (and the other help files) all get checked and reloaded by the patcher you load each time you start the game. It would have been really nice to be able to choose what info was in that window.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:57 PM   #10
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

Good point there. There has to be a control or attribute somewhere that tells it to read the help.html file upon loading it, it's just a matter or figuring it out.

I got it to work, but like you said, I had to use the post-patch-copy method. Still, considering the options currently available to the masses, it's not that bad of a solution.