Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 08-13-2002, 03:52 AM   #1
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm
Default My totally redone UI...

Ok, I've totally overhauled the interface, keeping only 1 of my mods - the spellbook (it's too cool, IMO). everything else I snagged from eqinterface.com or eqgui.com (eqinterface's forums) and mish-mashed it together. I like this one a LOT. (reload the page to make sure you got the current picture)

Normal display:

Full Size Image (1280x1024):
http://www.eqguild.net/guilds/skykn...Full%20Size.jpg

With Map, Inventory, and Spellbook windows open:

Full Size Image (1280x1024):
http://www.eqguild.net/guilds/skykn...Full%20Size.jpg

The round windows are part of a new mod being developed called "Techno Donuts" and are still a little buggy. the animal skin/spellbook is mine, the buff window is from eqinterface.com. the spell icons are being developed, and almost completed (many are still duplicated versions, the guy is making unique ones instead). The maps are actually my "Actions" window, and were released by eqtoolbox.not.net - so far, I've found a map that isn't included (Umbral Plains) but it has most likely every other one in the game. And yes, the guy in the middle of my inventory rotates. (I usually don't have the inventory, spellbook, and maps up on the screen lol)

I have modified the interface a bit, by making the hotkey buttons round, to match the rest of the interface, and have redesigned the spell gem window to be a simple round window with the gems around the edges of the window. The gems go in 2 columns, from top to bottom. 1-4 on the left, and 5-8 on the right. The spell book icon is in the center, and the spell casting bar appears just under the window when you are casting something (not actually connected to the window)

------
To make my hitsmode "window":

First I make a large "background" chat box

then I have 4 seperate windows listed there. 1 for my hits, 1 for me getting hit, 1 for others hits. I also have 1 on top that is all the "garbage" messages I didn't want cluttering up my main chat. I have the me and my boxes at font size 3, the others at font size 1, and the "garbage" at 2. I then position them on the background chat window, and make all the windows except the background have their background alphas set to 0, thus making them permanently invisible, leaving only the text. Thus, I am showing 1 nice, neat window there instead of 4 bulky, cluttered ones.

(note - the background window *must* be the first window made out of the set, or else when you zone, log, etc it WILL appear on top of the others, and effectively hide them)

---

Adding a credits section to the first post:

Techno Donuts designed by Nibbuhlz, original post is at http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=746

Spell Gems & Buff/Book Icons designed by T. King, original post is at http://pub37.ezboard.com/fmaximus94...opicID=74.topic

Buff window developed by Geddine, and able to be picked up at eqinterface.com, the link is here http://newui.technosapien.net/buffs.htm

Map window developed by, and able to be downloaded from http://eqtoolbox.not.net.

Spellbook of course developed by me.

I think that covers everyone....

---

You can download my combined mod here:

http://216.98.142.66/~oguler/oguler.zip

Magelo
Guild Website

Last edited by xlorepdarkhelm : 08-15-2002 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:17 AM   #2
Ladeedah
A Fire Beetle

Talking

This is great work xlorepdarkhelm! Do you have the whole thing in a zip file somewhere for download? I would love to use it for my shammy. I can hardly wait to see what you come up with next.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:19 AM   #3
Valorath
A Gray Wolf

Could you post the files for this UI please? It looks nice, I'd like to try it.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:01 AM   #4
Ryverthorn
A Gray Wolf

Server: Povar
Cool sweet!

I want the inventory part! gimme gimme!

Be excellent to each other.
Party on dudes!
Old 08-13-2002, 02:55 PM   #5
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

the inventory, player, pet, target, hotbox, and spell gem windows I cannot take credit for - they are part of the work in progress under the "beta" section of this site called Techno Donuts. I'm hoping that the guy who is working on that gets more of the windows that way, cause they are cool. The spell icons themselves come from http://pub37.ezboard.com/fmaximus94...opicID=74.topic. the spell buff box design comes from eqinterface.com ("Geddine's Buff Window" or something like that). and the maps are from eqtoolbox.not.net.

I'm still making some minor adjustments to the layout, mainly trying to get my chat and hitsmodes windows fixed where they are "pleasing" to my sense of asthetics.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:44 PM   #6
DocRock
A Ghoul

OMG I'm technically ignorant. PLEASE post how I can trasplant that into my machine. That setup TOTALLY rocks.
Old 08-14-2002, 01:18 AM   #7
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Zipfile is coming soon.
Old 08-14-2002, 04:05 AM   #8
HONTER1
A Hill Giant

HIya thats a vary nice spell book and inv is that part of dounts?
Old 08-14-2002, 10:43 AM   #9
Technetium
A Ghoul

The inventory is nice, but i do not want to see a penis staring at me when i open my inventory.

make it a nice nakid female pic and i might be interested.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:09 PM   #10
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

the inventory is part of the donuts mod, the spellbook is my own design. and the spinning guy is..... missing his genitailia, so as not to offend people. if you read the info on the donuts mod, he is working on a female one as well.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:10 PM   #11
Qalen
A Gray Wolf

you're uba friend - I really would appreciate a zip file of this
Old 08-14-2002, 05:17 PM   #12
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

The biggest problem with a zipfile is the sheer size of it. currently 5MB in size. The internet hosting site I use won't permit a file THAT big on their site, so I'm looking for other methods. I will include my UI_name_31.ini file, for quick, and easy integration, but be warned - I work in 1280x1024 resolution, and have several transparent chat windows on my display (for hitsmodes and things) that are...... difficult to adjust.

Once again, I can only take credit for the spellbook in this mod, everything else is credited to other people.

Also: to replace the spellbook with a different one, just find the spellbook mod you want, apply this mod, then apply the replacement spellbook on top of this one, which will replace the EQUI_SpellbookWnd.xml (or whatever it is called), and spellbook01.tga - spellbook04.tga files, and presto, no animal skin. The techno donuts has a interesting spellbook included with the mod originally, and replacing that one back in will give the full look and feel as was intended by the designer of the mod (I found that it was difficult to read the spell names on that spellbook).

The mod has also been fixed to work with the August 14th patch.

As the parts that make up this mod are in a "state of flux", IE changing constantly, I will most likely be adding in the changes and improving this all the time.

Last edited by xlorepdarkhelm : 08-14-2002 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:21 PM   #13
Stregar
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Luclin
Send a message via ICQ to Stregar

I'll host it for you.

I'll give you FTP login access

Just email me at home.

[email protected]

and I will set you up with some space.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:32 PM   #14
Qalen
A Gray Wolf

(---- little kiddie of only 16, its half past 1 here so I prolly overread most things /shrug - but if this works... then I got a new EQ-god!

/cheer

/all praise Oguler! (if that's a g, or a c maybe? then all praise Oculer! )

/cheer

/bow

I'm not worthy....

Qalen 60 summoner of Toys
MorellThule
Old 08-14-2002, 05:39 PM   #15
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

It's Oguler..... the name Oguler Denju kinda is a play on words, I started with a randomly selected name of Oguler for the character, then someone in my guild said it looked kinda like "Uglier" only the way an ogre would say it. so I added the last name of Denju to it so it becomes "Uglier Than You" or Oguler Denju. most people don't pick up on it, but hey, it's a little attempt at humor